Full Marathon Guide
Great Running Shoes
Marathon Running Apparel
Running & Exercise Tips
Most Popular Articles
Tips for Preventing Jogging Injuries
Jogging injuries need to be prevented at all cost since they may cause havoc in the runners world if not treated effectively. They occur due to fast jogging, stressful jogging. There are various tips for preventing jogging injuries like being slow at the beginning of the jog, opting for warm up and cool down.
Most of the time, it is a common complaint of the runners that they suffer from injuries at the time of jogging. This is something which most of the runners have to face with the end result that some might simply stop jogging all together.
This however should not be the case. Jogging injuries though common but they can be prevented if proper precautions are taken and at the right time.
Causes of Jogging Injuries:
- Most of the time, injuries are caused during the early 4-6 months of jogging activities when you are a beginner.
- Sometimes injuries are likely to increase if you don’t relax and once more go back to jogging immediately after jogging.
- If you are jogging for long hours without a break then too the injuries are likely to increase.
- If you are not properly trained for jogging then also risks are involved.
- Most of the time, joggers don’t wear proper jogging shoes then also they may suffer from injuries.
- Some of the common types of jogging injuries include blisters, shin pain; rashes and sunburns are yet another kind of common jogging injuries.
Preventing Jogging Injuries:
- Almost everyone wants to avoid injuries when he or she jogs.
- There are a number of preventive steps which the jogger has to take in order to minimise these injuries.
- The most important thing to be taken into consideration is that you should be wearing the most comfortable kind of running shoes. Wearing unfit shoes are one of the most essential reasons as to why joggers get injuries.
- Stretching and warm up exercises just before you begin the jogging is of utmost importance. You should be careful enough and thus always start your jogging session with stretching.
- Once you have finished jogging, go for cooling down also.
- Always be slow at the beginning and only once you have become used to the jog, that you need to increase your jogging time.
- Don’t over exert yourself.
- It is not good to jog during the mid afternoon time.
- You need to be careful all the time of jogging.
You can easily understand that you are suffering from jogging injury once you start to have pain in the knee or leg; you feel uncomfortable while you jog. It is very much essential that you consult a good doctor if such a thing occurs because it might be plantar fasciitis, Achilles tendonitis.