Full Marathon Guide
Great Running Shoes
Marathon Running Apparel
Running & Exercise Tips
Most Popular Articles
- Youngest Person to Run a Marathon
- 5 Leg Exercises for Runners
- Stairmaster vs Elliptical
- How to Organize a 5k Race
- Top Abs Exercises for Runners
- What are The Possible Elliptical Injuries
- Elliptical Workout Music
- Using Elliptical While Pregnant
- Best Jogging Headphones
- Shoulder Exercises needed for Marathon Runners
- Pros and Cons of Fold up Elliptical Machines
- How to get Strong Lower Back to Run Better
Jogging While Pregnant
Tips for Pregnant Women Jogging
There are certain essential tips for pregnant women jogging like they have to wear the right kind of clothes and shoes, they need to be slow and not over exert their bodies. Jogging while pregnant requires extra care and precautions which might not be the case in your otherwise jogging schedule.
Pregnant women need to be very careful with regard to jogging. It is not just their own care but also the unborn child whose safety has to be taken into consideration once you go for jogging.
Tips for Pregnant Women:
- There are some of the important advises which you have to keep in your mind if you are pregnant and want to do jogging.
- It is very important that you take the advice of your doctor and ask him whether it is perfectly fine for you and your unborn child if you go for jogging.
- If the doctor says yes only then you should move ahead or else it is better that you avoid.
- When you are pregnant, it becomes very important that you are not over exerting yourself.
- If you feel tired, you need to stop at once.
- Make sure the weather and the temperature is just good enough for you to run.
- It is very essential to listen to the body’s needs when you jog.
- You should wear clothes with full care, don’t wear just anything and jog. You need to wear proper clothes meant for jogging.
- Wearing good quality shoes and socks is also important or else you might end up hurting or bruising yourself.
- You need to keep a check on your breathing rate also, this is important.
Pregnant Women Jogging:
- Don’t ignore water, never be dehydrated, you need to keep a water bottle with you when you go for jogging.
- You might have to modify your jogging, once you are in an advanced stage of pregnancy. So make sure to bring about changes in your jogging plans.
- When you are pregnant your joints become a bit loose due to the release of the hormone relaxin, so it is likely that you might fall to injuries more often.
- In such a scenario, you have to take all the precautions so that the child is not hurt.
- If you are a beginner and have never went for jogging before, then surely pregnancy is the right time to do so, but at a slow pace and in complete guidance.
Even if you have been a fast runner or jogger, it is very likely that you might have to slow down or even stop jogging once your pregnancy months proceeds, though you can continue once the baby is born.