Full Marathon Guide
Great Running Shoes
Marathon Running Apparel
Running & Exercise Tips
Most Popular Articles
- Ears Hurt After Running
- Upcoming 5k Races
- Running Everyday Good or Bad
- Morning or Afternoon Running is Better
- What to Wear When Running in the Cold Weather
- Running on Road after a Deep Winter
- What is Technical Running Gear
- Running after ACL Surgery
- 10 Mile Race Training
- Handling Running Leg Cramps
- Would You Like to Customize Your Running Shoes
- Duathlon Training Tips
Tips for Pregnancy Jogging
There are certain tips for pregnancy jogging which if followed in the right manner will surely help the women. This is true for those who suffer from diabetes or asthma or any other kind of disease. It is better to consult your doctor before you go for jogging. Make sure you don’t over exert yourself and keep a water bottle with you.
Jogging while pregnancy is not easy, it needs to be done in a way such that it doesn’t affect your body and your baby too is safe and sound. You need to jog in a way that it doesn’t create any trouble for your unborn baby.
Pregnancy and Jogging
- It is highly recommended that you should consult your doctor first before opting for jogging in pregnancy. If in case your doctor doesn’t recommend you then surely you shouldn’t go for it.
- When you run you should take your body into prime consideration. Make sure to jog slowly and keep your steps as small as possible. This is important so that you don’t over exert your body.
- You should remember that in your jogging you are also carrying with yourself the weight of your baby and hence you need to be cautious.
- What you wear also matters make sure you are jogging in comfortable clothes. This also involves your shoes, socks which you should be proper and in accordance with the weather.
- While going for jog, you should make it a point to monitor your heart and breathing rate. Once you feel that you are feeling tired or dizzy you should stop.
- Most of the time, doctors recommend that it is good for pregnant women to go for jogging, since it keeps them stress free and it is good if done in a proper way.
“Research shows that only 20% to 30% of the general population exercises regularly so it's very likely that most expecting mothers did not exercise prior to becoming pregnant.”
Tips for Jogging
- When you go for jog, it is better to eat light meal only and avoid eating after the jog immediately.
- You should make it a point to drink water while you are jogging. Keep water bottle with you.
- However, if you are pregnant and also suffers from diseases like asthma, diabetes, there are chances of high risk pregnancy or miscarriage.
- If you have not been a regular jogger then surely pregnancy is not the right time to start it.
- Precautions have to be taken with regard to the speed with which you jog, especially if it your first trimester.
- Make sure you jog in a way that you don’t suffer from injuries.
- Since jogging is known to exert pressure on your entire body especially the joints, so it is better that you opt for walking rather than jogging.