Full Marathon Guide
Great Running Shoes
Marathon Running Apparel
Running & Exercise Tips
Most Popular Articles
- Running Shoes for Plantar Fasciitis
- Backpacks for Running
- Running Shoes for the Overweight
- Running Shoes Having Arch Support
- Running Shoes for Heavy Runners
- Best Running Shoes for Wide Feet
- Running Shoes for Flat Feet
- Washing Running Shoes
- Watches for Marathon
- Best Running Jackets
- Tips on Buying Spalding Running Shoes
- Running Shoes for Heel Strikers
Warm Up for Jogging
Warm Up Exercises for Jogging
Warm up exercises for jogging are considered to be one of the best forms of exercise which will help you get rid of stress related with jogging, it will keep your body temperature under control. The muscles become flexible. Warm up for jogging requires specific exercises like leg drive, leg cycling, slow cycling, simple walking.
Warming forms an important aspect of everyday jogging. In fact it is not wrong to say that if you don’t go for warming then you cannot do jogging in a proper manner. Warming up is essential since it helps your body to get in charge and get ready for the jogging session.
Warming Up in Jogging:
- Warming up and cooling down both is important in jogging and if you do them properly only then you will be able to reap the full benefits.
- Warming up makes your body flexible, stretches your muscles and helps the oxygen to reach different parts of the body with ease. It is also known to reduce the stress on the heart.
- Different kinds of warming up exercises are opted for when it comes to jogging. You need to choose the one which best suits your requirements.
- You need to begin your session with light aerobic exercises which are able to lighten the tight muscles.
- You can opt for walking, cycling slowly most preferably on a stationary bike to work as warming up exercises for you.
- You should start running fast from the very first step, rather try to build up the tempo and then start slowly.
- When you have finished your jogging, even then you need to cool down a bit before finishing the jogging. This way you will feel more relaxed after the jog.
Types of Warm Up Exercises:
- Dynamic stretching exercises are yet another essential kind of exercises which needs to be opted for in order to reduce the muscle stiffness. They are most likely preferred then the static stretching exercises.
- You need to focus on each and every aspect because being an athlete you have to be fit enough so try to pay attention to your body movement.
- Care needs to be taken with regard to injuries as well. In case you suffer from any injury then it is better that you take rest and let the injuries get healed.
- Lunge walk is a good exercise which is said to loosen the hip muscles.
- High knee lift is yet another effective exercise which gives strength to the ankles.
- Leg drives and leg cycling are also some of the best warming up exercises which are done by the athletes.